Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Stories Matter

I chose the Blog Title Tall Tales because it represents family lore and the importance of stories in our respective family histories.   Stories are how we make sense of our past, they are how we find ways to connect to those aspects of ourselves or our history that may be fragmented.  They are also how we guide ourselves and give value and meaning to our children's lives.  When I was young and would begin recounting an event, a story, my paternal grandmother would arch her eyebrows, give me a look of bemused skepticism and say: " . . . now are you telling a tall tale."   I look forward to the March challenge and the opportunity to share tales-large, small, tiny or tall.

6 comments:

  1. Welcome! I loved this glimpse into your past, with your grandmother's question serving as an inspiration and invitation to write. I'm so excited that you are taking this journey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stories bind us together and that's what makes the March Challenge so special. Glad to have you slicing with us this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Welcome and keep up the great slicing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way that you are thinking about this! It's a great title and so glad you are sharing these stories!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the way that you are thinking about this! It's a great title and so glad you are sharing these stories!

    ReplyDelete